OBA Select 13U
Friday, July 28, 2023 to Sunday, July 30, 2023
| || |
July 28-30, 2023
Enjoy great OBA baseball in the Nation's Capital! All Baseball Ontario and Baseball Quebec 13U Dedicated Select and House Select are welcome. Teams are guaranteed three games on Friday and Saturday with play-off round on Sunday. Game MVP awards. Tournament trophies for winning team and runner-up.
Fields are located 5-10 minutes from hotels, restaurants and shopping. Parliament Hill is 15-20 minutes away in downtown Ottawa.
To register, click on the Registration menu option at the top of the page or click here.
More Hotel Information Coming Soon!
A 5-minute drive from the tournament's primary ball diamonds. The room rate is $175/night + taxes with free parking and minutes away from the largest shopping/dining complexes in Ottawa's west end.
- Booking Link: Holiday Inn Kanata
- Alternatively guests may call the hotel at 613-271-3057, or the Central Reservations Department at 1-800-465-4329. They may refer to the Kanata Baseball Tournament and quote the block code "KB7" when making or amending their reservation.
Space is limited!
All rooms are required to be guaranteed by a credit card.
We also have rooms available at the Comfort Inn which is also only 5-minutes from the fields - the room rate is $139/night + taxes. If interested, simply quote "Kanata Baseball Tournaments" when booking your team block of reservations.
You may call 613-592-2200 for bookings or visit online https://www.choicehotels.com/en-ca/ontario/kanata/comfort-inn-hotels/cn270
Two Queens Suites: $179/night + applicable taxes and fees
Studio King With Pull Out Sofa Suites: $179/night + applicable taxes and fees
Book your group rate for Kanata Baseball Association TownePlace Suites Ottawa-Kanata
Our guestroom rates include the following:
- Hot Buffet Breakfast
- High Speed Internet
- On-Site Parking
- Full Kitchens in Suites
- Access to Pool and Fitness Centre
- Outdoor Courtyard with BBQ
Two Queens Rooms: $159/night + applicable taxes and fees
Executive King Suites With Pull Out Sofa: $179/night + applicable taxes and fees
Book your group rate for Kanata Baseball Association - Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa-Kanata
This rate does include the following:
- Refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in room
- Hot buffet style breakfast
- On-site outdoor parking
- High-speed wireless internet
- On-site coin Laundry
- Full access to Fitness Centre and Pool
The tournament rules are as follows:
- no infield pregame warmups
- all round-robin games will follow a "no new inning" after 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- all OBA Arm Care rules must be followed
- the "Home" team will be designated by coin flip, conducted by the site supervisor, and called by the team having travelled the furthest to Kanata.
- the "Home" team shall provide the official scorekeeper.
- the "Home" team shall provide the official pitch-counter
- game is to be added to the Pitch Count App before the game and it's Game ID noted on the official score sheet
- pitch counts are to be completed live-in-game pitch-by-pitch on the OBA Pitch Count App
- pitch counts are to be submitted before teams leave the park
- the official score sheet, signed by a coach from each team, must be submitted to the site supervisor before teams leave the park
- RP7.4 Tie Breaker Rules
- Where tie breaking rules are required, the following tie breaking rules will be used for each placement independently:
- Teams with a forfeit loss are ineligible for tiebreakers
- head to head record among tied teams;
- team with the smallest runs against ratio (runs allowed / number of defensive innings played) in games among tied teams;
- team with the smallest runs against ratio (runs allowed / number of defensive innings played) in all games;
- team with the highest runs for ratio (runs scored / number of offensive innings played) in games among tied teams;
- team with the highest runs for ratio ( runs scored / number of offensive innings played) in all games;
- coin toss
- When there are 3 or more teams tied, the tiebreakers will exclude RP7.4(a)(ii). After the winner of that tie breaker is determined, the tiebreakers will continue, if necessary, excluding RP7.4(a)(ii) as long as there are 3 or more teams tied. When only 2 teams remain, the tiebreaker will start at RP7.4(a)(i).
A $100 deposit is required to reserve your spot and is only refundable if withdrawal from the tournament is requested before March 15th (less $25 admin fee). Full payment is due by May 1st to guarantee placement in the tournament.